As Beta Finance, the first Alpha Launchpad project, is coming close to the launch, we are gearing up for distributing BETA tokens to ALPHA stakers!
Haven't staked your ALPHA? Stake here!
Beta Finance is the first Alpha Launchpad project. In fact, we have onboarded 3 more very high quality projects already! These projects will later be launched on Alpha Launchpad, distributing a portion of their token supply to ALPHA stakers.
So, today we are going to announce a number of exciting things for the Alpha Wolves community.
- Upcoming change on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC to the ALPHA unstaking and withdrawal periods for stakers & rationale
- What is happening on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC?
- Overview of how BETA tokens will be distributed to ALPHA stakers
Upcoming change on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC to ALPHA unstaking and withdrawal periods for stakers
Alpha Launchpad projects are allocating a portion of their project token to ALPHA stakers. This is a result of the real-value add that Alpha Launchpad team and the core Alpha team provide to the incubated projects.
As we incubate more projects and launch on Alpha Launchpad, these Alpha Launchpad tokens will stack up and multiple value accrual for ALPHA stakers, starting from Beta Finance (BETA tokens).
To gear up for the upcoming Beta Finance launch as well as other Alpha Launchpad projects in the pipeline, we will adjust the unstaking period for ALPHA stakers from 7 days to 30 days on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC. Additionally, the withdrawal period (period in which users can claim unstaked amount) will be extended from 24 hours to 72 hours.
What’s the rationale for adjusting the unstaking period?
It is key for ALPHA stakers to understand that receiving Alpha Launchpad tokens is what makes Alpha Tokenomics truly unique.
Alpha Launchpad team and the core Alpha team have ensured that the projects we incubate bring real and long-term value to DeFi. We’ve made sure to provide the support and advice these projects need and cannot get from anywhere else. Finally, we make sure that ALPHA stakers can capture value from Alpha Launchpad’s incubated projects by distributing a portion of their tokens to ALPHA stakers.
You may find yourself comparing ALPHA’s unstaking period to that of the other projects. However, it is in fact incomparable given how Alpha Tokenomics is truly unique and given that it is the only place that allows you to receive tokens of successful projects very early on.
As a result, the 30-day unstaking period allows us to bring this massive value to ALPHA stakers who are long-term investors and holders of ALPHA.
What does this adjustment mean for the Alpha Wolves community?
Users who are staking ALPHA
- Users who are already staking ALPHA and want to continue staking to receive BETA tokens, among other things, don’t have to do anything, simply continue staking.
Users who have not staked ALPHA
- Users who have not staked ALPHA and want to receive BETA tokens, among other things, should make sure to stake ALPHA on Alpha Tokenomics.
Users who want to unstake ALPHA and go through 7-day unstaking period
- Users who don’t want to continue staking ALPHA and don’t want to receive BETA tokens can unstake.
- Since the unstaking period will be adjusted from 7 days to 30 days on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC, users will have to unstake before Aug 11th, 2pm UTC to go through a 7-day unstaking period.
- This means that users can still unstake and go through a 7-day unstaking period if they unstake by Aug 11th, 2pm UTC, as any unstaking event since Aug 11th, 2pm UTC will go through a 30-day unstaking period starting from when users unstake. If they unstake on Aug 15th, for instance, the unstaking period will end on Sep 14th (30 days later).
What is happening on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC?
Unstaking period for ALPHA stsakers will be adjusted from 7 days to 30 days on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC.
Additionally, the withdrawal period (period in which users can claim unstaked amount) will be extended from 24 hours to 72 hours.
BETA token "lock-up period" will start on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC. This means anyone who stakes ALPHA on Aug 18th, 2pm UTC onwards will get BETA!
Overview of how BETA tokens will be distributed to ALPHA stakers
Aug 18th, 2pm UTC is not when BETA token goes live, but when BETA “lock-up period” starts. How does that work?
- A significant portion of BETA tokens supply will be distributed for users who stake ALPHA on Alpha Tokenomics.
- Half of these BETA tokens will be unlocked at the end of the 3 months (specifically 90 days) starting from when BETA “lock-up” starts, or Aug 18th, 2pm UTC.
Once the 3 months end, the remaining BETA tokens will be distributed to ALPHA stakers on a monthly basis (specifically 30 days) for 3 more months. This means the allocated portion of BETA tokens will be distributed to ALPHA stakers over the span of 6 months.
Note that stakers don’t need to stake for the full 6 months to get BETA tokens. By staking ALPHA, you will get BETA and upcoming Alpha Launchpad tokens that launch during the time you stake.
We will share in-depth details on how BETA distribution to ALPHA stakers work tomorrow, stay tuned!
About Alpha Finance Lab
Alpha Finance Lab is a DeFi Lab, and on a mission to build